Flora Works offers the following personalised garden design services for all budgets and sizes of outdoor space:
Types of Landscape Spaces:
- Small to Large Gardens
- Front & Back Gardens
- Private & Commercially Owned Spaces
Full List of Services:
- Site Survey
- Hard & Soft Landscape Design
- Technical Drawings for Construction
- Planting Plans & Specification
- Planting Border ‘refresher’ Plans
- Vegetable Garden Plans
- 3D Visualisations and Axonometric Drawings
- Management and Maintenance Plans
- Implementation/Project Management
- Garden Design Master Planning
- Garden Redesign & Project Management
- Estate Landscape Master Planning
- Natural Burial & Cemetery Master Planning
- Garden Photography
Complete Garden Design & Stages
Below are descriptions of the services and stages available for a complete garden design package. A complete garden design includes a full master plan and all accompanying drawings and documents to support the building stage. The outlined stages below will help give you an idea of how the process of creating a garden works. Every garden is different. If you do not need all the services below, you may select those which are necessary to achieve your ideal garden space.
- Initial site visit and design assessment – I will visit your garden in person to discuss your vision and budget, conduct a site survey and take photographs of your garden for reference.
*Site surveys for larger sites that require special equipment will be scheduled at the initial visit. I can also work from existing plans if available, such as plans for newly built housing properties
- Design Brief and 360 Photo-montage – I provide you with a written brief based on our initial meeting outlining key features (play areas, water feature, sheds etc.) to be included in your garden design with cost estimates. This also includes a 360 view photo-montage of existing conditions of your garden.
*At this stage I ask for a 25% deposit of the total design fees and will commence the next stages of your garden design.
- Initial Ideas Plan, Inspiration Precedent Images – At this stage we meet again. I will present the initial concepts – a plan view scaled drawing with key areas and elevation drawing outlining; Key areas, Access, Boundary treatments, Paved areas, Materials, Planting areas and character, Garden features – decorative elements, seating area, planters, trellises etc. After your feedback on the initial ideas I will create a master plan taking into account any changes to the initial plans which we have discussed.
- Master Plan – Final Design and 3D Illustrations: The master plan is a fully rendered drawing outlining the full garden feature details of the hard and soft landscaping and is accompanied by elevation and 3D illustrations. The master plan can be presented to landscape contractors to obtain a quote for the build of your garden.
- Construction Drawings and Tender Documents – Plan view and elevation construction detail drawings to aid landscape contractors for build elements such as pergolas, level changes, structural planting, walls, stairs and bespoke features. These drawings provide additional information with dimensions that can then be presented to landscape contractors to aid in the construction and the pricing of your garden build.
*I can put in contact with professional landscape contractors that I work with or you may choose your own contractor. It is most important to choose landscape contractors with good reputations that you will be happy collaborating with.
- Planting Plan – Full planting plan drawing with specification detailing the plant names and locations accompanied by a spreadsheet listing the number of plants to be ordered. Choosing the right plant for the right place based on the location and soil types in your garden is the key to ensuring your garden blooms for years to come.
- Project & Construction Management – By acting as project manager I will oversee the building phase of your garden by making frequent visits to the site and liaising with the landscape contractor to ensure that the construction and planting specifications are met to the highest standards and comply with the original drawings.
Flora Works offers a variety of packages for those with more specific (and less costly!) needs.